Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ready to rock

So, I’m starting work tomorrow. Finally. It’s been almost five months to the day since finishing UCLA class, and even with the month long Delet seminar, my disemployment filled quasi-pseudo-early-semi-retirement phase got old long time ago. I’m ready. I’m readier than ready. I’m pumped. To an extreme. I want to do something significant, on any scale, instead of just driving my self to do things for me. I’ve read A LOT in the past five months, watched a lot of movies, taken a lot of naps and walks, traveled, spent a month in teaching seminar, spent time with friends, spent time with family, etc etc. But all of that, I hope, is a prelude to what amounts to my first post-B.A. full time job. I’m ready.

But I’m not nervous. Well, maybe a little bit. Tomorrow starts “staff week” – the kids don’t come until after Labor day – so I’m really not expected to perform, at all, tomorrow, except to be present and alert and involved and engaged. Piece of cake. There’s breakfast, and then some classroom time, and then a few meetings, and then that’s the day. Maybe some more classroom time. I’m not actually sure. No one gave me a schedule. I just gotta show up at 8:30, dressed casually, and ready to rock. Ready to rock hard. I’m ready. Let’s rock this shit.

No comments: