Wednesday, March 19, 2008

i'm sorry... what did you say?

Man oh man the kids were punchy today.

Judaica is the last class Tuesday-Thursday, and today I was starting the class while Jeff, the Judaic teacher, was finishing 5th grade Judaica. I was trying to quiet the class and get them focused, and one boy was reading a book, and I stood in front of the room, waiting for his attention. The majority of the class was silent, at attention, but this one kid was reading, (un)intentionally oblivious. Then he looked up, put the sheet he was futzing with down, and asked, "Can I help you?"

What ridiculous chutzpah.

Quickly regaining my cool, but feeling the blood rush to my head and the impatience and anger starting to swell, I said, "You can help me by putting that sheet away and sitting quietly."

Zing!

No comments: