Thursday, March 27, 2008

Intergenerational Day: Preview (review?)

I just got home from Intergenerational Day. It was a day I, and the rest of the staff of TIOH, have been dreading for weeks. And it was a lovely day, and an amazing night. I'm coming off an incredible high of the evening. It was the 6th graders' last IG Day (as they are graduating in less than 3 months) and the emotions were running high, and their performance tonight was great. Jo and I were faklempt (my eyes were misty; Jo might have been legitimately crying) and after the show the 6th graders had an incredible, electric energy back in the classroom. They were singing, and dancing, and hootin' n' hollaerin', hugging each other and Jo and me and shouting and stomping feet and carryin' on. Anyways, it was really wonderful and memorable and I will try to write more on the whole IG Day process soon... But no promises...

Expect the unexpected.

No comments: